With this in mind, have you ever wondered how your body processes and rids itself of these artificial and potentially toxic materials? Over time and without proper elimination, a high percentage of these toxins can end up hardening on the walls of your colon. So, how in the world do you get these unwanted toxins out of your body?
We recognize that a toxic bowel is the source of many health problems. Also known as colonics or colonic irrigation, colon hydrotherapy is a gentle, effective and valuable procedure in the treatment of a wide variety of different colon conditions. Auto intoxication is the body’s state of self-poisoning due to a buildup of toxic waste in the large intestine. Colon hydrotherapy helps increase the peristaltic (digestive) flow and aids in the removal of accumulated toxins. A sanitary, disposable speculum is inserted into the rectum which the certified therapist connects to a sterile plastic tube. Through this safe and sanitary delivery system, warm purified water gently moves into and out of the colon helping to soften and flush away accumulated feces and toxic substances.
Colon Hydrotherapy FAQ's
How can colon hydrotherapy help my digestive health?
Colonic hydrotherapy or irrigation is a gentle internal bath using warm, purified water that can help to eliminate stored fecal matter, gas, mucus and toxic substances from the colon. A practice dating from around 1500 B.C., colonics can also help retonify and reshape the colon. However, colonics have a much broader effect than simply cleansing the colon. Additional benefits can often be observed throughout the body in the form of clearer skin, more energy and mental clarity, fewer headaches, improvement in circulatory, immune and weight problems and many other positive side effects. Many people are referred to colonic practitioners by other alternative medicine therapists including homeopaths, acupuncturists, herbalists, etc., since by detoxifying the system using colonics, these therapies tend to be more efficacious.
What is involved in the colonic irrigation treatment?
Your visit to one of our therapist will involve the taking of your case history followed by an explanation of the procedure. The colonic itself will take about 45 minutes during which time water will be gently introduced into the colon via the rectum whilst your therapist uses special massage techniques to stimulate the release of stored matter. Your modesty is preserved at all times. Supplements along with Herbs and probiotics may be suggested and your practitioner may advise beneficial dietary changes to further enhance your treatment.
Is it safe?
It is safe. The water is introduced at a low gentle pressure, so there is no danger of bowel perforation. Here at Mind, Body, and Flow we only use disposable equipment. Colonic hydrotherapy, unlike the use of laxatives, is not habit forming and actually improves the tone of the colon.
Will a colonic fix my bowel and my digestion?
Colonic hydrotherapy is a tool. It is a powerful tool that gives you a head start in improving your diet, lifestyle and exercise regime. However, a tool is only as good as the person using it. If you use colonics to help your body improve, feel younger and work more effectively, then this is what you will achieve. However, if you use colonic as roadside assistance only, then you will achieve a short-term rather than a long-term improvement.
Does it hurt?
The colonic irrigation procedure itself does not cause pain. At the start of the procedure, you may experience a “strange” sensation of wanting to go to the toilet, but most people get used to this feeling in the first few minutes, and even find the colonic treatment “unexpectedly relaxing and uplifting”. The therapist may use massage, vibration therapies, reflexology and Raiki, as well as other modalities, to make your treatment comfortable and effective.
How many treatments do I need?
It all depends on your condition and on the results of the first colonic. If a condition has been building up for years, it is unlikely that it will disappear completely after 40-50 minutes of cleansing, but most people feel improvements after the very first session. If you go on our maintenance program between treatments, and you adopt dietary and lifestyle modifications, if they are required, then the number of colonics will be reduced, and the periods between colonics will be longer.
Will I lose weight?
You may lose some weight. Most people feel lighter after a colonic. Just bear in mind that you lose wastes only, not fat or cellulite. If you start eating less, increase your fiber intake, move or exercise more, chew better and drink more water, then you will achieve a permanent weight loss.
What will I feel like after the treatment?
After a colonic, you should be able to continue with your daily plans, drive, go back to work etc. Some people feel energized straight away, some feel tired “in a nice way” – in the same way as one feels tired after a good workout, some feel lighter, some feel very hungry, some don’t feel like eating for hours afterwards. Some may feel quite tired as the detoxification process kicks in deeper, and in these instances we recommend coming for a repeat colonic without delay.
Why do you recommend supplements after a colonic treatment?
In the ideal world, if you lived on naturally fertile farmland and ate organic home-grown freshly cut vegetables, berries and fruit, fish from the river, natural live yoghurt etc you would not need any supplements (As a matter of fact, you would not need a detox program either!) However, in the real world we need to assist our bodies to self-cleanse, hence the need for supplementation. What supplements would you recommend for maintenance between colonic treatments?
Probiotic supplements are recommended to give a head start to the good bacteria, that populate our bowel and that ensure absorption by the body of nutrients and vitamins from our food. Patrick Holford, Britain’s leading nutrition expert (author of the best-selling Optimum Nutrition Bible”) says: “Supplements are needed to carry beneficial bacteria into the intestine to re-establish a healthy colony. The role of these Bifidobacteria is to increase acidity by producing lactic acid and acetic acid, and to inhibit undesirable micro-organisms that would compete against them… Tissues densely covered with beneficial organisms provide an effective blocking mechanism, deterring invading pathogens”.
Combined digestive enzymes, and other supplements improve bowel tone, cleanse bowel walls, bulk up the stool, remove gases and provide quality and regularity of elimination.
Will I be able to drive home after the colonic?
Most people do not find it difficult to drive back after their colonic treatment.
Do I have to leave my modesty at the door?
We are committed to preserving clients’ modesty at all times. You’ll be fully covered, protected and warm during your treatment. Toilet and washing facilities are for your exclusive use.
Can I have a colonic if I am having a period?
You can have a colonic during your period. Please make sure you have a spare tampon or towel that you can use immediately after the treatment.
Can I have a colonic if I am pregnant?
We would not recommend colonics at any time during pregnancy unless it is recommended and performed by a qualified medical practitioner specializing in pregnancy.
How soon after the childbirth can I have a colonic? Can I have it while I am nursing?
You can have a colonic 10-12 weeks after a regular childbirth, unless you had complications or a cesarean. You need to decide for yourself whether your body has recovered enough from the shock of the childbirth. Make sure your stitches have healed fully, talk to your doctor or nurse if in doubt. You can have a colonic while you are nursing.
Choose the therapist who meets your needs.
- Choose the therapist who walks her or his talk (Remember, you don’t go to the doctor whose houseplants have died.)
- Make sure the therapist has been trained by a reputable school.
- Make sure the therapist uses disposable materials during the treatment: the speculum, the water line and the waste line.
- Make sure the therapist has insurance.
- Make sure the therapist does not lock you into a long course of colon hydrotherapy sessions before you’ve even been for your first treatment.
What to ask for when booking your treatments.
- Go to a clinic that uses fully disposable kits ,this is something you should ask for when booking your treatment. No parts of disposable kits should ever be re-used.
- You could also ask whether the clinic uses filtered water. Also ask how the main water is filtered, and whether the clinic keeps records of filter changes.
- Ask where the therapist was trained, and check the school’s website to make sure they are up to date with all current certification.
- Ask if any bodywork (massage, reflexology) will be incorporated into the treatment.
- Ask whether your specific health concerns are going to be addressed.
- Whenever you book a treatment, make sure the therapist or clinic carry full public liability insurance. An insurance certificate should be available for your inspection or displayed on the premises.
Colonics The Movie
Call Mind Body and Flow Today To Schedule Your Session! 480-78-COLON (2-6566)
Our Office Uses:
- State-of-the-art FDA registered (Class II medical devices) open and closed system colon hydrotherapy equipment (LIBBE and Aquanet EC-2000, respectively)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) approved disinfectants for cleaning and disinfecting
- Disposable speculums and tubing for each colon hydrotherapy client(these items are never reused)
- Universal precautions to protect our clients and therapists from unnecessary exposure to harmful substances
- Complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)guidelines
All Of Our Colon Hydrotherapists Are:
- Certified by the International Association of Colon Hydrotherapy (I-ACT)
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Trained to operate both open and closed colon hydrotherapy equipment
- Knowledgeable, courteous and patient professionals who want to educate clients so they can understand and participate in their own health care
We at Mind Body & Flow take great pride in providing our clients with the best possible colon hydrotherapy equipment available today.