Potential Benefits of Infrared Sauna
- Acceleration of soft tissue healing–sprains, spasms, aches and “frozen” shoulder
- Cellulite reduction–may mobilize subcutaneous fat as well as abdominal and visceral fat (which has been implicated in increased risk of cardiovascular disease)
- Burning of calories
- Improved skin condition–texture, tone and clarity
- Removal of hormone-disrupting chemicals in body fat and internal organs
- Deep relaxation
Schedule your session today!
Infrared Sauna – Therapy & Detox
Mind Body and Flow offers its clients the cutting-edge technology of infrared heat. An infrared sauna serves a variety of detoxification functions, targeting release through the largest organ of the human body–your skin. Our FAR Infrared Sauna has a unique delivery system will help you achieve sweating at a more comfortable temperature than conventional dry or steam saunas. This infrared sauna promotes a hyperthermic state that can increase heart rate and circulation, relieve sinus pressure and congestion, enhance metabolism and strengthen immune function. The FAR infrared sauna has also been shown to accelerate removal of heavy metals, petrochemicals and drug residue from the body.
Infrared Saunas vs. Traditional Saunas
A conventional sauna must rely on indirect means of heat, via convection (air currents) and conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin) to produce its healing effect on our bodies. In this type of system, over 80% of the energy heats the air, leaving less than 20% available to be directly converted to heat within our bodies. In an Infrared Thermal System, energy is primarily converted to heat in the body and not to create excessively hot air, which only heats the skin superficially.
In addition, infrared saunas use radiant energy that can directly penetrate the body’s tissues to a depth of over 1.5 inches. The energy output of this type of sauna is tuned to correspond very closely to the body’s own radiant energy. As a result, our bodies absorb as much as 93% of the infrared waves that reach our skin.
Thus an infrared based system can warm its user to a much greater depth and much more efficiently than a conventional sauna. This crucial difference explains many of the benefits reported through an infrared thermal sauna not attainable through the use of a conventional sauna.
Please View Our Disclaimer
Medical Advice Disclaimer
This website does not provide medical advice. This website is for information purposes only. Viewing this site, receipt of information contained on this site, or the transmission of information from or to this site does not constitute a physician-patient relationship.
The medical and/or nutritional information on this site is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay seeking it because of any of the information found on this website. The products found on this site should not be used as replacements for conventional medical treatment. If you are currently on any over-the-counter or prescription medication, you should consult your treating physician regarding drug / supplement interaction. The following groups of people should check with their doctor before taking any drug or supplement:
- Pregnant women
- Women who are trying to get pregnant
- Women who are breast-feeding
- Older adults
- People with health conditions
- People taking any other medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter
The statements made on this website, and the products shown have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Be advised that these suggested programs are not intended as a primary therapy for any disease. The intent is to support the normal physiological and biochemical processes of the human body.